Dear Stevenage Borough Council,
I would like to make an FOI request for the following pieces of information:
1. How many people are employed to deal with FOI?
2. What is the budget for administering FOI?
3. Do you use case management software for FOI? If so, which one?
4. Do you publish a disclosure log?
If not all information is available, please treat questions individually.
Dear Alex Parsons
(for both your emails regarding FOI)
Thank you for your recent request for information, which is now being handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Your reference number, should you wish to note it, is 23226.
The Council will provide you with the information requested by 25 July, unless there is a legitimate reason preventing its release.
If the Council is unable to provide the information, you will be informed of the reasons in writing.
Performance and Improvement Officer
Corporate Projects, Customer Services & Technology
Dear Mr Parsons,
We write further to your request for information regarding FOI statistics.
Please find our response to your questions set out below:
Your Questions & Our Answers:
I would like to make an FOI request about the following statistics in the
previous annual period. If figures are recorded in calendar year this
would be 2017, if financial year 2017-18. If available in both, I would
prefer calendar for comparison to central government FOI statistics.
1. What period do you record FOI statistics in? Financial Year/Calendar
Year/Other? Answer: Calendar Year (1st Jan 2017 –31st Dec 2017)
2. How many FOI requests have you received? (if this figure includes EIR
requests, please state) Answer: 582 (includes EIRs).
3. The number of requests where the information was granted? Answer: 555.
4. The number of requests where the information was entirely withheld (no
information provided)? Answer: Nil.
5. The number of requests where the information was partially withheld
(some, but not all information requested, provided)? Answer: We currently
do not hold this information, but plan to record such information in the
6. How many requests were completed inside the statutory deadline? Answer:
303. Please note this figure is due to operational changes that were
experienced in the FOI team during a brief period in 2017. However all
requests were successfully completed.
7. How many requests were appealed to internal review? Answer: 6.
8. How many decisions were upheld at internal review? Answer: none were
fully upheld. 4 were partially upheld.
9. How many FOI decisions have been appealed to the ICO? Answer: 2.
10. How many decisions were upheld by the ICO? Answer: Nil.
11. How many vexatious requests were received? Answer: Nil.
I would like to make an FOI request for the following pieces of
1. How many people are employed to deal with FOI? Answer: 0.75 equivalent
2. What is the budget for administering FOI? Answer: £16K equivalent to
0.75 of the relevant Officer’s salary.
3. Do you use case management software for FOI? If so, which one? Answer:
The Council uses an internal case management system for processing FOI
4. Do you publish a disclosure log? Answer: No, but are planning to in
We trust this information meets your requirements. However, if you have
any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ms D Williams
Freedom of Information
Stevenage Borough Council
Telephone: (01438) 242218
Daneshill House, Danestrete, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 1HN
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
intended for the sole use of the intended recipient, copyright remains
with Stevenage Borough Council. If you are not the intended recipient, any
use of, reliance upon, disclosure of or copying of this email is
unauthorised. If received in error, please notify us and delete all
copies. Please note that the Council does not accept responsibility for
viruses. Before opening or using any attachments, please check them for
viruses. All emails and attachments sent or received by Stevenage Borough
Council may be subject to disclosure under relevant legislation.
The information in this E-Mail is intended for the named recipients only.
It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action or
place reliance on it. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by using the E-Mail address and then delete
the message. The views expressed in this message are personal and not
necessarily those of Stevenage Borough Council.
Please be aware that E-Mails sent to or received from Stevenage Borough
Council may be intercepted and read by the Council. Interception will only
occur to ensure compliance with Council policies or procedures or
regulatory obligations, to prevent or deter crime, or for the purpose of
essential maintenance or support of the E-Mail system.
legislation and can be viewed at www.stevenage.gov.uk/privacy-policy