Dear Cheltenham Borough Council,
I would like to make an FOI request for the following pieces of information:
1. How many people are employed to deal with FOI?
2. What is the budget for administering FOI?
3. Do you use case management software for FOI? If so, which one?
4. Do you publish a disclosure log?
If not all information is available, please treat questions individually.
I will be able to answer your queries, I will answer them in order:
1. Within customer relations, freedom of information is one of a number of functions provided by myself (Customer Relations and Research Officer) and my manager (Customer Relations and Research Manager) who also deal with EIR requests, data protection, subject access requests and complaints. Customer relations staff = 1.6 FTE
2. The council does not have a budget for servicing freedom of information (FOI) requests as there is not any one member of staff dealing wholly with FOIs
3. We do not use case management software but use Microsoft Office to log the queries and track the response times/dates that they are due.
4. Yes we do publish a disclosure log, here is the link: https://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/downloads/...
Please note: If you are dissatisfied with the Council’s response you have a right of appeal. In the first instance please forward your appeal to Customer Relations, Cheltenham Borough Council, Municipal Offices, Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 9SA or email: [Cheltenham Borough Council request email].
Your appeal will be considered and a response sent to you within 20 working days.
If you are still not happy with this decision you have a further right of appeal to the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Customer Relations and Research Officer
Chief Executive Division
Cheltenham Borough Council
Tel 01242 264227
E-mail: [email address]
or [Cheltenham Borough Council request email]
Days worked Monday – Friday