Dear Warwick District Council,
I would like to make an FOI request for the following pieces of information:
1. How many people are employed to deal with FOI?
2. What is the budget for administering FOI?
3. Do you use case management software for FOI? If so, which one?
4. Do you publish a disclosure log?
If not all information is available, please treat questions individually.
Dear Alex Parsons
Thank you for your request for information which I acknowledge was received by the District Council on 27 June 2018.
Your request is currently being considered. If the District Council is able to provide you with the information you have requested, then under the Freedom of Information Act you are entitled to receive it within 20 working days.
For your information, the FOI Act defines a number of exemptions which may prevent release of some or all of the information you have requested. The District Council will assess your information request in light of the exemptions. If exemptions do apply, then the District Council may decide not to release all, or part, of the information you have requested. You will be informed if this is the case.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken by the District Council as to whether to release the information to you. You will be kept informed if this is the case.
The District Council will not charge a fee to provide you with the information you have requested, provided the cost of dealing with your request is less than £450. If it appears likely that your request will cost more than £450 to deal with then I will write to you again asking if you are willing to pay the fees incurred, and setting out clearly what those fees will be, in accordance with the FOI Act.
If you have any queries or should you wish to make a complaint about the manner in which your request is being dealt with then please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address in the first instance. Any complaints will be dealt with under the Council’s corporate complaints procedure.
Further information about your rights under the Freedom of Information Act, is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office (0303 123 1113) or on their website www.ico.org.uk, and on the District Council’s website.
Corporate Support Assistant
Chief Executive’s Office
Corporate Support Team
Warwick District Council
Royal Leamington Spa
Telephone 01926 456123
Thank you for your request for information.
I can confirm the response from Warwick District Council.
1. How many people are employed to deal with FOI? The role of logging information requests is shared between officers within my team but they are not directly employed just for this role. Equally myself and a colleague provide advice on these matters as well combing responses from across the Council. Again though this is not the officers sole responsibility. Together this work is estimated to be the equivalent at about 1.25 officers.
2. What is the budget for administering FOI? There is no direct budget allocated to this and the only cost would be the portions of the officers salaries but this is not directly allocated to FOI.
3. Do you use case management software for FOI? If so, which one? No
4. Do you publish a disclosure log? We only the number of requests received.
Democratic Services Manager and
Deputy Monitoring Officer
Democratic Services, Warwick District Council, Riverside House,
Milverton Hill, Royal Leamington Spa, CV32 5HZ
Tel: 01926 456114 www.warwickdc.gov.uk
*Please do not print this email unless you really need to.